Land in Kalispell airport - closest airport to GNP east side.
* if you land late and they run out of cars, they upgrade you to premium free!
---- 9 min drive to grocery store ----
Buy groceries at Super 1 Food market
----- 2.45 hrs to Many Glacier Campground -------
- $25 non refundable / night
- Fire pit is not allowed during high fire season
- Grinnell Glacier and Iceberg Trails are located on or right next to the campground, driving is not necessary.
- Plenty of parking for the hikes
- Clean drinking water found all over the campground
- Bathrooms are EXTREMELY clean compared to all the NP I've been to
- Showers are located at the Swift Current motor inn right in the campground - $3.50 for 8 min and 30 sec.
- Swift Current motor inn (restaurant, inn and convenient store
------ 45 min drive from campground to the Visitor center --------
- Best photo op spot with the GNP sign!
- There are bathrooms located in the visitor center
- The road was closed due to the wildfires at Logans Pass
- The drive starts from the visitor center
- 3 mile hike
- along the Going -To -Sun - Mountain road.
- Bathrooms are a 2 minute drive pass the trailhead
- plenty of parking along side the road before and after the start of the trailhead
- VERY kid friendly
----- 45 minute drive back to Many Glacier Campground ------
- 10 - 14 mi rt
- average 6 hours to hike at 1600 elevation
- hike is marked as strenuous
- There is 1 bathroom at the beginning of the trail and 1 last batrhoom .5 miles before the endpoint at the glacier
- Bring binoculars! Plenty of wild life sighting
- EVERYONE had bear mase and bear bells on them to warn off the bears.
- Highly recommend to start hiking when the sun is out, have been warned that bears are highly active at the break of dawn
----- 2.45 hour drive back to Kalispell Airport -----
Last gas station is 9 minutes from the airport